Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Mix-Tape Ten: Vol (minus) 2


My past week has largely been occupied with preparing a large number of songs for the wedding of some dear friends of mine. This wedding occurred tonight and went very well and was a good time for everyone except for probably the gigantic pig with the bullet hole between its eyes that was at the end of the buffet line (which happened to be one of the most amazing things I've ever seen). It's always good to see good people joined together forever, and these were two of the best. So, if you ever read this Paul and Sarah, I think very, very highly of the both of you. Here is a track listing of the wedding playlist that I had to do:

1. "Sea of Love" performed by Cat Power off of Covers (and the Juno soundtrack)

2. "Whole Wide World" performed by Wreckless Eric off of Wreckless Eric (and the Stranger than Fiction soundtrack)

3. "Shady Grove" performed by Doc Watson off of The Best of Doc Watson 1964-1968

4. "I Gave My Love A Cherry" performed on a million different records by a million folkies

5. "Master's House" performed by Chemic off of Louisville is for Lovers Vol. 8: Black and Blue

6. "Be Thou My Vision" performed by Pedro the Lion on The Only Reason I Feel Secure

7. "Come Thou Fount" performed by Sufjan Stevens on Hark!

8. "All I Want is You" performed by Barry Louis Polisar on My Brother Thinks He's a Banana and Other Provocative Songs for Children (and the Juno soundtrack)


My personal favorites are 3, 6, and 7.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All of this marriage-ing and music got me thinking about what I want played at my wedding. I will have that post to you shortly. For now, be comforted by the thought that you have a friend here who is not afraid to weep openly in the fact of danger.

No comments: