Monday, March 09, 2009

Tour w/ husband&wife: Part 2

So, to pick up where I left off, I did not bring my A-game to disc golf in Indi. It was a sweet course that was very similar to the course at Iroquois park in Louisville. I didn't do the greatest, but I did finish strong. Andy whipped all of us anyway. After that we met up with Mike and Ryan Dill and some other folks outside of a Starbucks and chatted while Will passed around his little pot of Yerba Matte. I'm told it's pronounced Sherba Matte. I think that's deceiving.

We headed up to Ft. Wayne after that, and headed to the Tiger Room which was a cool room in the Calhoun Street Tavern. I have to say that the staff at this establishment were some of the nicest people of all time! They gave each band member 4 drink tickets and the out of town bands got free food too! I got a massive roast beef sandwich on a fresh soft, handmade bun. It was delicious. Bro. Stephen opened up the show and had a nice reception. I think almost everyone was singing on "The Front Room" at the end of the set which is always kind of terrifying, but exciting. After BS, husband&wife took the stage and totally tore it down. I can't help but sing along as loud as possible to these songs because this new record is really incredible. It's been so much fun playing with one of my favorite bands ever. After us was Everybody from Bloomington again and they rocked out again, and then Metavari took the stage. Ty from Metavari was the sweetest dude ever. During their set, Kyle from Darkroom came by and hung out for a little bit. He's a pretty sweet dude. We talked about how disappointing Bill Mallonee's career arch has been.

After the show we went over to Ty and Emily's and had a dance party til 4 in the morning. Except that there was the time change and it was 5 in the morning. We cashed out and woke up to 3 trays of cinnamon rolls and coffee. We then jumped on the expressway and I took the wheel to get us to Columbus. We were playing at a place called Andyman's Treehouse and it was just as awesome as it sounds. The place was totally out of the way and was one of those awesome hole-in-the-walls where you totally feel like an insider as soon as you walk in. In the room where we played there is a gigantic tree growing out of the floor and through the roof. I really wish I had a camera because the room would be perfect for some awesome pictures. We played with a band called Kyle and The Sowashes and they rocked hard. It was awesome.

We went back to Seth's and crashed pretty hard after drink copius amounts of Mtn Dew (when did the change the spelling?) and eating pizza. We are now catching up on emails and FailBlog and Youtube videos. Fat Man on Youtube is one of the most depressing things I've ever seen. Leaving for Muncie soon and hanging out with Zach Melton so it should be a good time. See you in Louisville on Wednesday!

No comments: