Thursday, November 20, 2008

Join Me!: The Good Folk Fest



I have to apologize for not getting this up online sooner because it just so happens that one of the greatest artists ever is gracing our fair city!! This weekend is the annual Good Folk Fest and this year it is featuring the art and music of Daniel Johnston!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot tell you how excited I am as he is one of my favorite musicians of all time. He just might be the best songwriter since Lennon/McCartney or Dylan. I would honestly pay $100 dollars to see him live. That's no joke. I haven't been this excited for a show for a long, long, long time. The best news is.....it's only $5! AND, you just might be able to snag some incredible Daniel Johnston artwork which is unbelievable as well. Take some time and read this about him, then rent The Devil and Daniel Johnston from Wild and Woolly, and then you will be overloaded with joy like I am right now. I had better see you there.

There is music on Saturday and Sunday and also playing is Matt Kinder of the Parade Schedule, Ben Traughber, and The Mack who are artists that I really admire and love. The weekend-long festival will be at the wonderful Mellwood Arts Center and will showcase lots and lots of folk art and music and should be a fun gathering all around. I believe Mr. Johnston plays around 2 on Saturday. If you miss this, then you just don't know...



No comments: